TIME TO PLAN FOR ISGIDAR 2020!
STAY UP TO DATE. The 2020 Newsletter is out. Check it out here.
ISGIDAR 2020 IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER. The annual meeting of the International Study Group Investigating Drugs as Reinforcers (ISGIDAR) will be held on Saturday, June 20th at the Diplomat Beach Resort in Hollywood, FL. We urge you plan your travel, submit a talk or symposium, and encourage your favorite member in training to apply for a travel award.
- ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN. You may click on the link below to register (it only takes 60 seconds!):
- PAY NOW OR AT THE MEETING: We accept credit cards! Registration is only $50 for members in training and $100 for everyone else. If you choose to pay now, you will be directed to our Square store during online registration.
- PLEASE SUBMIT ORAL PRESENTATIONS. Please send (1) a title of the talk, (2) a list of all authors, and (3) a brief (1-2 sentence) description of the talk to Josh Lile (email@example.com) by May 1, 2020.
- PLEASE SUBMIT SYMPOSIA. For those wishing to submit a symposium, please send (1) a title of the symposium, (2) a brief (1-2 sentence) description of the symposium, and (3) a list of the individual speakers and titles of their talks to Josh Lile (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 1, 2020.
- TRAVEL AWARDS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED. ISGIDAR will sponsor student paper competition awards for members in training to present a paper at the annual ISGIDAR meeting. Awardees will receive free ISGIDAR registration and lunch as well as some reimbursement for travel expenses. Those who do not receive the award, but who receive good reviews will be encouraged to present their papers at the ISGIDAR meeting.
Submission Deadline: April 3, 2020.
Eligibility: To be eligible, you must be either a graduate student or a post-doctoral fellow.
Paper Submission: Electronic submissions are required (Microsoft word, or less desirable, a pdf). Submit a short paper (maximum of 1500 words, not including references, and a single figure) describing your study (Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion) to Matt Banks (email@example.com). Pilot projects with few subjects are also acceptable, if the findings are interesting. The length and scope of the paper should be consistent with a 20-minute slide presentation. Please include paper title, name, mailing address, email and phone number
Review: Papers will be reviewed by ISGIDAR officers for scientific contribution, originality, methodology, and clarity.
- AS ALWAYS, LUNCH IS FREE WITH PRE-REGISTRATION. Because science is always better with a full belly.
Note: Although we encourage everyone to stick around for CPDD, we emphasize that you can just come for a single day to attend ISGIDAR. We encourage you to stay at the Diplomat Beach Resort (where the meeting will be held), but if you are on a budget, then there are several low-cost hotels within walking distance. Regardless, we just hope to see you in Hollywood.
See you in June!
REMINDER: If you have updated contact information or know of colleagues who have recently moved, please assist us in forwarding this information on and encouraging them to reach out to us with their new contact information!
ISGIDAR always welcomes TAX-DEDUCTIBLE CONTRIBUTIONS. If you would like to make a tax-deductible contribution go to https://squareup.com/store/isgidarcom.
Note: Our content management system occasionally places third-party advertisements on this website. ISGIDAR does not receive income from these advertisements and does not endorse their content.